Not all women are equal or have the same needs. Nor are all lubricants equal and, within the variety that exists in the market, each lubricant meets a specific need. Do you want to know how to choose the most suitable vaginal lubricant for you? Here you will find some recommendations to choose lubricants for urethral sounding, a unique kink involving urethral plugs.
Safe sex is not only pleasant but also healthy. That is why it is important that the couple enjoy it and have a good time. For women, it can sometimes be helpful to use some vaginal lubricant, either for physical reasons or just for pleasure.
How to choose among so many different lubricants?
However, when choosing the right lubricant, the variety of lubricants available in the market can make the selection confusing. Which is more convenient? The choice should not be based on visual or marketing issues. In fact, the different types of lubricants can be adapted to different situations and women.
For example, it is not the same for an adult woman who has already entered into menopause as a young woman. In general, specialists recommend these products to women who are in menopause and have the discomfort of vaginal dryness that can occur during this stage due to hormonal changes and decreased estrogen.
On the contrary, young women do not usually experience the discomfort of dryness. However, they may need lubricants to facilitate sex with the use of condoms or to enhance pleasure. Of course, the proper lubricant for the ones is not always the same as for the others.
What is the problem of not using an appropriate lubricant? Although nothing may happen, in some cases unexpected reactions may occur, such as more vaginal dryness, infections in the vagina , breaks in the condom, difficulty in achieving a pregnancy and allergic reactions, among others. Proper lubrication is essential for women with yeast infection and menopause.
Therefore, take note of the following information and the next time you think about improving your sexual relationship choose the best lubricant for you, as far as possible, in a pharmacy it is always more advisable to buy them in ” sex shops ” or in a store of articles related to sex, when buying products that have direct contact with your vulva:
The Independent made an article how lubricant can change your sex life. Read it!
9 tips to select the vaginal lubricant that suits you best:
- Remember that your genital organs require special care. Do not use all the products available in the market. Consult with your doctor before.
- If you have problems linked to menopause, it is best to use regular vaginal moisturizers and lubricants during sexual intercourse. Among the most popular are KY jelly in the United States, which contains methylcellulose.
- Choose lubricants, which contain the same concentration of minerals and other components of the cells, so they do not produce dryness. Avoid lubricants, which are the ones that have more salts, carbohydrates and proteins than inside the cells of the vagina or rectum, since these cause the cells to lose water and produce dryness. Dehydration is one of feminine dryness causes, so be very careful. The latter can also make you more vulnerable to contracting the HIV virus.
- If you are young and have a sexually active life, using lubricants can help you to combat the vaginal dryness of some stages such as breastfeeding or the product of a medication that has this side effect like certain contraceptives but you could also use them to avoid break the condom , even if you do not have vaginal dryness problems. In any case, be careful to select the correct lubricant.
- Choose a vaginal lubricant made from water. These are safe, can be washed easily and are compatible with latex products such as condoms or other accessories.
- On the other hand, be careful with lubricants made from oils and petroleum products, such as Vaseline, as they can break the condom and alter the pH of the vagina, which can cause vaginal infections and more serious ones like yeast in urethra.
- If you want a playful lubricant naughty, festive, fun that helps you enhance the sensations during sex, make sure they are water based and that, if it has flavor, does not contain sugar.
- Some lubricants are made of silicones. Although they are more resistant than those made with water, they are not compatible with sex toys and another type of accessory that also contains silicones. Also, they are harder to wash.
- Keep in mind that any type of lubricant can cause allergic reactions. Therefore, the first time you use one, try it before in a small area that you have washed and corroborate that it does not provoke burning or irritation.
As you see, choosing an appropriate vaginal lubricant for you is not just a matter of standing in front of the gondola stained glass or showcase and look at the colors and promises that appear highlighted in large letters. Learn to read the labels of the products and explore the topic of lubricants with your doctor. Leave the shame aside and ask if you have any questions, since sex is health and there are several alternatives in the market that can help you.
The lubricant for a good sex is a substance that you can acquire in many places. From the pharmacy to a store specializing in sex toys, it is relatively easy to find and can give new life to sex as a couple.
Many women have the false idea that the lubricant is used only for anal sex, when in reality a very high percentage of women do not produce enough natural lubricant , and could greatly benefit from the artificial component. But first, let’s try to understand where the problem comes from:
How is the natural lubricant produced?
When a woman is aroused, the blood is concentrated in the walls of the vagina as it does in the penis of men and this causes the glands to release a translucent fluid that covers the walls.This process has to do with the amount of estrogen in the woman’s body, and the lack or reduction of this natural lubricant can cause discomfort when having sex.
Pleasure to the fullest: Did you know that women have sex more pleasant when they use lubricant? In the Journal of Sexual Medicine a study was published that spoke exactly of that.The explanation is very simple; when you rub two objects dry friction can cause discomfort and irritation. The less resistance there is in the rub, the more the final result is enjoyed.
Choose the right one: The water-based lubricant is more recommended because it does not damage condoms, it is usually cheaper and less aggressive with your female parts. However, for the same reason that it is mostly water, it evaporates quickly with friction and you may have to reapply it several times.Meanwhile, silicone-based lubricants are not as thick, but last longer without losing their effect. If you are going to have sex in water this is the product you should buy. They are not recommended for oral sex and you cannot use them with silicone toys because you can spoil them.
Pre-romp: If the purpose of your visit to the sex shop is more experimental, there are lubricants that are cooled or heated with friction. These gels are good to put some extra fun into your relationship but be careful, many women do not like the sensation during penetration. Start using them only to “warm up” until you’re sure you do not dislike heat or cold.
Do not forget to check the ingredients of the lubricants to prevent the appearance of allergies or that any of the components generate irritations on the skin or on the genitals of the couple.